Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Working For Happiness

            Trying to correlate a balance of happiness and work at the same time is something hard to accomplish. As for many of us when we hear the word work something goes inside of us that make us feel lazy, depress, or feel anxiety for the job we do. Working is not something we all  find  to be pleasure   in doing because there’s not a lot of fun at work. Jobs have to be done due to our currency need to survive and to satisfy our needs. The only way to be happy at work is to feel that you actually like being there and there is a good social communication. So that you as a person can fit in and feel great to what your tasks are.
            The word work as described in the book Happier by Tal Ben-Shahar , stems from the root of the Hebrew language as slave. Work has been carried since the beginning of our human survival skills. It’s looked upon something to have done rather than loved to do. Work is the way to survive and the only way we could reach currency. Currency satisfies the needs and pleasures that bring us joy and happiness. So for every dollar spend on something that’s going to make you happy there is hard work that had to be done to earn that dollar.
            To be earning happiness and good memories we must sometimes earn dollars. To do that we must work and try to think that that the work we doing is fun and in reality is not. Sometimes we foresee all the things we can get after earning our check and we just work for the need to satisfy those pleasures of life like going somewhere or buying something you was looking for. In my case when I’m a about to get paid my brain starts calculating what things I really want to buy and actually need that will make me happy.
            A famous Quote by Abraham Maslow “the most beautiful fate, the most wonderful good fortune that can happen to any human being, is to be paid for doing that which he passionately loves to do.” Education might be the lead to find those kinds of jobs that we look forward to having. Before you reach that dream job you will become an expert on many others like waiter, cashier, newspaper deliverer and it goes on. Jobs are a part of our daily life and the build ups of every person’s future whether you work hard or not will resemble you in the future. Those jobs that bring stress and anxiety and depression can be fun and enjoyable if several steps are taken.  Sometimes we could implement things like in my case at work I tend to talked to everyone at work and it feels like a team. When something is accomplished we all feel that we contributed to that success. When a costumer talks to me back in a good manner giving me good feedback just makes me feel great that I’m doing my job well.
                Happiness and work are two main goals for our everyday life. If work is not done then there is little chance that money will come your way and not be able to satisfy your needs and pleasures that bring joy. Work is not always the place that someone wants to be at sometimes we daydream at work wishing our day goes fast and that pay day comes to buy our things that synthesize happiness or make money an experience with the family. Our dream job is the goal to survive and do whatever it takes to get there. Making our boring jobs a little bit happy can make us feel contributed in the place or company we work at. In the future I will be proud of myself for accomplishing my goals and reaching that what I love to do and see back to what all kinds of jobs I did and what skills I learned as a worker that will lead me at success

No comments:

Post a Comment