Friday, October 15, 2010

Making Education Count To Happiness


     My perspective towards education has always been like a process in which i have
to confront to pursue a well being in the future. I find myself so intrigue to learn that
every day that I come to college I will end up learning something new by the end of the day . Sometimes the thoughts of whether if i will be able to reach up to the end of my
 education bring up so much stress. Which bring up other problems when trying to get
 work done at college i see that i tend to fall in the term of procrastinating. Which is the
 hobby of thinking that work is better to leave of till the last minute instead of beginning
 early and students find to do things more incorrect when using this method. This has
 been away in which i have done most of my work at college leaving it for the last
 minute. It might be because of the when i think of school work i prefer to do what is
 making me happier  at that moment and leave it a side. I am sure that a lot of us know
 how hard it is to find school work fun and enjoyable.
 Education has been part of my life for 13 years and it has made of me mostly
everything the way i speak,  how i write, the way i think , and the way i express my selfto others. I feel very great to know that i have chosen to attend college and learn evenmore things that i could integrate in to my life. Sometimes the feeling of boredom andanxiety  comes when difficult projects are given and  my hobby of falling in toprocrastination becomes a  big problem leaving big projects till the last minute. I havethought of many steps how to change my ways of working with school tasks and how to make education experience more fun and enjoyable for me. My first step was to makemy days at college a bit more creative and not think of the difficult task that need to be done. Maybe adding other creative tasks like working out or getting involved in the aquatics team could bring better experiences and enjoy classes as i learned from the video that i saw at class by  Ken Robinson. ( Says that schools kill creativity) 
At college i have experience the seriousness of having a paper due on time. The
responsibility that must have been taken to be able to reach far and gain my goal. I
have a bad hobby of falling into procrastination that sometimes leads me with low
grades. Then the feeling of regret i should of done this better earlier than now those are
questions that come into mind. I have thought of many ways how to deal with this
problem and i have notice a way to find myself in the zone like the chart on the book of
Happier by Tal Ben- Shahar  describes ( that everyone has a way to find their best time
to be on the zone and actually love and enjoy your work). So I tried to experiment on
myself and to try to find out in what kind of environment and at what time do I feel great
to learn and get information into my brain. I was surprised to find out that I actually got
happy when i read and learned new things. One day I went to the library at the college
and headed to the second floor and saw no interruptions or place more quiet than that
place and at early ours. I started to focused work and left the TV and video games
hobbies a side. Ate something good in the morning after a good 8 hour sleep and open
the test book in the library an I notice that i did not felt boredom or anxiety just  felt in the
zone.
    Other Impacts that tend to break you away from reaching an enjoyable education are
the facts of real life matters. In my case i was not lucky to get the advantages that most
of people get from the government. I have been working at my at my full time job and
paid my education for 2 years. Things are pretty difficult for me to just be concentrating
on school work when I have other things to worry outside school. I notice that a lot my
friends have that opportunity to reach an education and be someone don not take those
chances. So I look at myself and feel proud with the little i earn i have accomplished
and done something that will take me on forward. Some people  usually tell me why do I
keep wasting money on college and I answer them back “ it’s not a waste of money is
an investment for my own person and my future”
            Education for me is now a really concern and a path I and almost everyone must
go on to make a part of them to be someone in life. Barriers might be seen difficult but
could be overcome and great achievements will be accomplished when I find myself at
the place I want to be at and be who I want to be. To make education my progress I
must undergo huge steps and always try to make it easy and enjoyable as I can. This
will cause the happiness in learning and being at a place where I can learn and
socialize with many other minds and what motivation is better than happiness but
happiness itself  so ill keep forward to accomplish my dream of working for a
multimillionaire corporation.      

                                                           Work Cited
   
  • Schools kill creativity, Ken Robinson, TED 2006, Filmed February 2006
http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

  • TAL BEN - SHAHAR, PH.D, Happier. McGraw - Hill Companies: May,10,2007

1 comment:

  1. I think that everyone procrastinated at less once in their life time. With the idea that school work is not fun and free time is fun, it’s really hard to not procrastinate. But as we get older moving most people are getting more mature and understand their responsibilities more. Also, I think its fine to have some free time once in a while; I believe that people don’t have to fully ignore things they enjoy.
    Revise your sentences, remember to capitalize.

    ReplyDelete