Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Education = Happiness

Is education the way to prosper and meet the goal of reaching happiness. That is a good question almost everybody ask themselves when reaching adult hood. We find ourselves in an era were education has expanded to thousands of subjects leading to many kinds of jobs but do everyone knows for sure what he or she wants to be when they grow up. At childhood we dream of what we want to be and it looks easy like a dream to come true but as you grow those dreams and goals start being blocked by barriers and situations of the real life.
In my case i appreciate the fact that i have had the strength and taken the steps to reach were i am right now, i feel mostly less worried than all of my family members. Mainly because i am the only one that has ever stepped in a college and reached a higher education. I feel that being here at this moment writing this paper is a privilege to take advantage,of showing all my class mates my skills and thoughts and learn from my mistakes. I do think that the higher i go in my education i will make a better person of my self in the future. I am in the 3rd semester almost reaching the end of my 2 year associate degree and i ask my self that this is just half way of what is ahead. This causes the many question and doubts of whether i should stay in college or just start focusing on any job that i find.
The feeling of going through the stages of education for me is like walking through a rope above an abyss of many temptations of giving up but each step that i take and i find that I am still in balance. I feel happy to find my self there and that if i continue like this i will soon reach the end of this walk and be happy to know that i reached a goal that was dreamed years ago. I have thought that as long as i have a job and find my self stable i will keep having time to keep up with my education as hard the obstacles are. I find in my self a motivation that tells me that if i keep this way the opportunities to work in a place were i will feel comfortable and socially interact with many others at my same level will make me feel great.
So as i have explained and ask this question again can education bring a well balanced life and happiness within? My answer is yes it totally can as long as you keep up with that will to thrive and succeed there will be no limits. you might not end up wealthy but happier you will. Data shown from a article that we read in our English class  explained in a dotted graph the correlation between those that had higher education levels and those that had lower education levels. The graph from the article posted to the New york times by Catherine Rampell showed that education ha brought good capital and a well balanced life and brings a positive feed back making persons realize that they represent something good for themselves and for their families.
Well do i think if my education is going to lead me in to a happy future? yes i think it will as long as my experiences in life lead me to something good. Hoping that every day that passes lead me to my goal and for once cross that rope and see that i have made it. see that within me i always thought that staying in school was the best choice i have made in my life. Hoping that when i do i can refer back to this paper and think how hard i worked and smile.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Harold,

    Your accomplishments are something to be proud of for sure! In a revision, I'd love to hear more about how you can be happier right now (not only later in life). I like that you wanted to use the NYT article with the graph showing correlation btw. education and happiness. However, you should clarify this info in your own writing - it was a little confusing. Great start!!!

    ReplyDelete